The Sabina Park cricket stadium is one of the famous for the crowd who perpetually seem to be in a festive mood and rising to the calypso tune. The atmosphere in the outfield faces a severe challenge from the electric atmosphere in the stands. The backdrop of Sabina Park stadium is covered by the magnificent Blue Mountains and it has to a certain extent, permeated into Sabina Park as well. One instance when Sabina Park seemed to have set aside their common preoccupations and actually followed the proceedings of the match. It was in 1958 when Sir Garfield Sobers scored a record 365 not out against Pakistan. Sabina Park map is driving directions to the stadium. Navigate the map app to find the best fastest possible route.
Development of the Stadium
- The ground can accommodate a little over 13,000 spectators. The Sabina Park cricket stadium has a reputation to one of the fastest and hardest pitches in the cricket world. This stadium is the home of Kingston Cricket Club and the only stadium in Jamaica.
- Sabina Park Cricinfo is hosting Test matches with the reputation of being a nightmare for the batsmen and an open feast for the fast bowlers. Of late, the reputation has received severe knockings against rumors that the pitch has slowed down.
- Sabina Park stands is situated in the driest part of Kingston and for many years the pitch was one of the hardest and fastest in the Caribbean. But in recent years the surface slowed, despite attempts to restore life by relaying it on more than one occasion.
- In terms of size, Sabina Park was relatively small, but like other major grounds in the region, it underwent a major renovation ahead of the 2007 World Cup, a process that was fraught with headaches and delays. The Sabina Park capacity was raised from 15,000 to 20,000, still 5,000 less than the Trelawny Stadium down the coast.
Sabina Park statistics
- Locals were worried that the unique atmosphere of the old ground would be lost amid the mass of new concrete, and the acid test will come during the tournament.
- The spectacular Blue Mountains, home of the world-famous Blue Mountain coffee form a picturesque and spectacular backdrop to the north facing the George Headley Stand, with Kingston Harbour to the south.
- Sabina Park’s greatest moment in Test cricket was the 365 not out made by Garry Sobers against the Pakistanis that stood for many years as the highest individual test score. Conversely, its worst moment was when England – West Indies Test in 1998 was abandoned on an opening day due to an appalling pitch endangering the players.
- These teams are all set to give their best and put up a big show. Are you ready to come out and support your favorite team? You can book your CPL 2019 Sabina Park tickets and you do not forget to follow the CPL 2019 match schedule.
Sabina Park – Jamaica Tallawahs in CPLT20 2019
Sabina Park is the iconic ground in West Indies and the CPLT20 2019 will be played on this venue where Jamaica Tallawahs enjoy the home crowd advanced since this venue is based in Kingston, Jamaica. The tickets for the matches for CPLT20 2019 for this venue are now live and can be purchased.
Leave a Reply