The Daren Sammy national cricket stadium is situated on the outskirts of the tourist resort area of Rodney Bay on the island’s north-east coast, Beausejour Stadium is one of the Caribbean’s newest major venues. It was completed in 2002 and it is staging first international match later that year and its first Test in 2003. In 2006 Daren Sammy national cricket stadium st Lucia became the first ground in the West Indies to stage a floodlight ODI when Zimbabwe were the visitors. It was constructed on 22 acres.
Daren Sammy national cricket stadium st Lucia map is driving directions to the stadium approximately 6 minutes drive from the town of Gros Islet on the scenic Castries-Gros Islet Highway. Navigate the map app to find the best fastest possible route.
Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium Facilities
- The cricket ground is located at the north-eastern end of the tourist resort of Rodney Bay, The stadium is close to the residential enclaves in Beauséjour and Epouge Bay. The stadium has a seating Daren Sammy national cricket stadium st Lucia capacity of 15,000 including 18 hospitality suites and a modern pavilion that offers each team its own gym, lounge, balcony and conference room.
- Daren Sammy national cricket stadium st Lucia stands is known for high standard facilities and it is regarded by the West Indies Cricket Board as a standard for current and future venues in the Caribbean.
- Its outfield, a perfect oval, is predictably lush green. Daren Sammy national cricket stadium becomes the first international ground in the Caribbean to receive floodlighting with the installation of 6 floodlight towers in 2006 and enabling the hosting of day/night matches.
- These teams are all set to give their best and put up a big show. Are you ready to come out and support your favorite team? You can book your CPL 2019 Daren Sammy national cricket stadium st Lucia tickets and you do not forget to follow the CPL 2019 match schedule.
- The facility has 18 hospitality suites, permanent seating capacity of 13,000 with bucket-type seating which can be increased to 20,000 for international matches. There are also two artificial pitches and two turfs such as practice and warm-ups.
Daren Sammy National Cricket Statistics
There are some statistics the following:
- Regional cricket
It serves venue for the Windward Islands cricket team along with the Mindoo Philip Park in Castries.
- International cricket
It is a venue in all forms of cricket for the West Indies since 2003.
- Cricket records
- First One Day International: West Indies vs New Zealand on 8 June 2002.
- First Test match: West Indies vs Sri Lanka on 20–24 June 2003.
- Highest team score in Tests: India (588–8) vs West Indies in 2006.
- Highest team total in ODIs: New Zealand( 363–5) vs Canada in 2007.
- Highest team total in T20Is: Australia (197–7) vs Pakistan in 2010.
Best Bowling in ODIs: Rashid Khan (7/18) vs West Indies in 2017.
Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium for CPLT20 2019
This stadium will host 5 matches in the upcoming CPLT20 2019. The venue of beautiful with lush green outfield and is considered the best cricket ground available in Saint Lucia. Previously, it’s called Beausejour Cricket Ground but since the World Cup Champion Captain Daren Sammy is from this city the ground is being named after him to pay tribute to the living legend of West Indies. This ground will act as the home venue for St. Lucia Zouks which is an updated franchise from St. Lucia Stars under new management and owners. The tickets for CPLT20 2019 is now available to be purchased by fans on book my show website.
Leave a Reply