There are multiple domestic T20 tournaments played in India, but none as good as Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. Eventually, the 12th edition of the tournament will be played from 10th to 31st of January. Assessing the pandemic situation, led BCCI to reschedule the tournament to 2021. Initially, it was planned to be played from 19th of November to 7th of December, 2020.
Overall, a total of 38 domestic Indian teams will participate in the competition. As a result, there are going to be a ton of matches. Specifically talking about Mumbai cricket team squad, then they are a force to reckon with. They have a perfect batting and bowling lineup, comprising of many experienced and talented Indian cricketers.
Surprisingly, Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy team Mumbai has never won the title, as of yet. However, they have got the best chance this year. The team is full of superstars, who have performed not only in domestic cricket, but in IPL as well. Undeniably, they are one of the most balanced and experienced teams in the tournament.
In this article, we will discuss Mumbai Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy team 2021 in detail. Moreover, you will see their complete players list at the end.
Mumbai Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy Team 2021
Now that we are talking about Mumbai cricket team squad, let’s take a look at their group draw first. Mumbai, throughout the group stage, will go up against, Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Kerala and Puducherry, in group E.
They will kick-start their campaign on 11th of January. They’re going to play Delhi first up, in their home ground, the Wankhede Stadium. Mumbai needs to finish at one of the top 2 spots in their group, in order to secure their place in the knockouts.
Furthermore, the live streaming of all the matches will be available on Star Sports Network, as well as Disney+ Hotstar app. You can also keep up with the live score from our website.
Mumbai Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy Players List
Firstly, if we look at the captain of Mumbai cricket team squad, then we have Suryakumar Yadav doing the honors. Secondly, the WK-batsman Aditya Tare will be the vice-captain. Besides these two, Mumbai have many more capable players. Dhawal Kulkarni, Shivam Dube and Sarfaraz Khan to name a few.
Mumbai cricket team squad also has the Indian U19 sensation, Yashasvi Jaiswal playing for them. In addition, the son of Sachin Tendulkar, Arjun Tendulkar is also in the team.
Following is the complete Mumbai Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy players list, along with their playing roles.
- Suryakumar Yadav (Captain/Right-hand bat)
- Aditya Tare (Vice-captain/Wicket-keeper batsman)
- Atharva Ankolekar (All-rounder)
- Shashank Attarde (Right-arm off-break)
- PrathameshDake (Right-arm medium)
- Tushar Deshpande (Right-arm medium)
- Shivam Dube (All-rounder)
- Aakarshit Gomel (Right-hand bat)
- KruthikHanagavadi (Right-arm medium-fast)
- Yashasvi Jaiswal (Opening batsman)
- Sarfaraz Khan (Middle-order batsman)
- Dhawal Kulkarni (Right-arm medium)
- Siddesh Lad (Middle-order batsman)
- Minad Manjrekar (Right-arm medium)
- Shams Mulani (All-rounder)
- Sujit Nayak (All-rounder)
- Akash Parkar (Right-arm medium)
- Sairaj Patil (Right-hand bat)
- Shubham Ranjane (All-rounder)
- Sufiyan Shaikh (Wicket-keeper batsman)
- Hardik Tamore (Right-hand bat)
- Arjun Tendulkar (Left-arm medium-fast)