The Queen’s Park Oval is one of the sports stadium in Port of Spain, Trinidad. This stadium is used mostly for cricket matches. It opened in 1896. Privately owned by the Queen’s Park Cricket Club. Queen’s park oval port of Spain has been described as a classic ground with breathtaking backdrops, most notably, the northern hills. No section of the crowd captures the spirit of Queen’s park oval stands are concrete Stand, renamed the Learie Constantine Stand. The fans are avid followers of the game, excitable and generally enjoy their cricket, led by a character affectionately known as ‘Blue Food’.
Features Of The Queen’s Park Oval Port Of Spain
- The Queen’s Park Oval in Trinidad is the largest cricket stadium in the West Indies. Queen’s park oval capacity is currently the largest capacity cricket ground in the West Indies with seating for about 20,000.
- The oldest grandstand in the venue dates back to the late 19th century. The stadium has hosted international matches and World Cup matches as well as acting for Trinidad’s regional cricket teams.
- Mountains outside Port of Spain are clearly visible from portions of the stadium. The walls outside the grounds have a different kind of scenery. They feature artworks by local artists in different mediums.
- The structures at the Oval include the Queen’s park oval stands, known in particular for its jovial crowds, the Trini Posse stand which is located perpendicular to the pitch.
- There was a structure called the Dos Santos Stand which was demolished in 2012 due to health and safety considerations with it suffering structural decay and weakening steel. No replacement has been constructed, significantly reducing the existing capacity of the stadium.
CPLT20 2019 Queen’s Park Oval
The seventh edition of Caribbean Premier League 2019 will again be played at this wonderful venue. The home team Trinbago Knight Riders is highly loved by the local crowd and they get excellent support in all of the league matches. The fans from all around the world are very excited to witness highly competitive and entertaining matches of CPLT20 2019 on this venue.
Weather Report for Queen’s Park Oval
- Searching at the Queen’s park oval port of Spain Trinidad weather, West Indies over the next 7 days, the maximum temperature will be 31℃ or 87℉ on Wednesday 21st August at around 11 am. In the same week, the minimum temperature will be 24℃ or 74℉ on Wednesday 21st August at around 5 am.
- The national weather service for Queen’s park oval port of Spain Trinidad weather is reporting Thursday 22nd August to be the wettest day in the coming week with around 2.50mm or 0.1 inches of rainfall. You are sure to carry an umbrella if you are out and about in Queen’s Park Oval, Port Of Spain, Trinidad, West Indies.
- The windiest of all days will be Thursday 22nd August as wind will reach 11mph (or 17kmph) at around 5 pm.
Queen’s Park Oval Tickets For CPLT20 2019
CPL cricket has seen many new and young talents from all over the world and this diversity of players makes CPL cricket matches really exciting. These teams are all set to give their best and put up a big show. Are you ready to come out and support your favorite team? You can book your CPL 2019 Queen’s park oval tickets and you do not forget to follow the CPL 2019 match schedule. Follow the map directions below to reach to the ground easily.
Leave a Reply