Warner Park was the first of the Caribbean’s seven new World Cup stadiums to open and it is staging first ODI in May 2006. The stadiums building was largely funded by the Taiwanese government and built entirely by locals, unlike many of the other stadia which leaned heavily on the Chinese. No Warner Park Sporting Complex stands were built on the east side of the ground, allowing the prevailing easterlies to have their cooling effect, although temporary seating for the World Cup will take the capacity to 10,000. Warner Park Sporting Complex map is driving directions to the stadium. Navigate the map app to find the best fastest possible route.
The Venue For CPLT20 2019
Warner Park Sporting Complex Cricinfo was during the 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup, several cricket stadiums were constructed in the Caribbean and Warner Park is one of them. It was established in 2006 and is host to the local team of Leeward Islands. The construction of the stadium was largely funded by the Taiwanese government. The venue was hosted first One Day International as well as Test match in 2006.
This stadium is not the biggest ground in the Windies, the Warner Park Sporting Complex capacity of 8,000, which is enough for an island with a population of not more than 35,000 people. These teams are all set to give their best and put up a big show. Are you ready to come out and support your favorite team? You can book your CPL 2019 Warner Park Sporting Complex tickets and you do not forget to follow the CPL 2019 match schedule.
Warner Park Sporting Facilities
- The cricket ground is known for its high standard facilities and is regarded by the West Indies Cricket Board as a standard for current and future venues in the Caribbean.
- Its outfield, a perfect oval, is predictably lush green. This ground is becoming the first international ground in the Caribbean to receive floodlighting with the installation of 6 floodlight towers in 2006 and it is enabling the hosting of day/night matches.
- In May 2006 it hosted the first-ever international Day/Night ODI match in the Caribbean when the West Indies took on Zimbabwe.
Warner Park Sporting Complex statistics
There are the following Warner Park Sporting Complex statistics:
- Regional cricket
It serves venue for the Windward Islands cricket team along with the Mindoo Philip Park in Castries.
- International cricket
It is a venue in all forms of cricket for the West Indies since 2003.
- Cricket records
- First One Day International: West Indies vs New Zealand on 8 June 2002.
- First Test match: West Indies vs Sri Lanka on 20–24 June 2003.
- Highest team score in Tests: India (588–8) vs West Indies in 2006.
- Highest team total in ODIs: New Zealand( 363–5) vs Canada in 2007.
- Highest team total in T20Is: Australia (197–7) vs Pakistan in 2010.
- Best Bowling in ODIs: Rashid Khan (7/18) vs West Indies in 2017.